Wine and Food Tours
The agritourism agency Parco di Montebello organizes wine, food and culture tours for groups of Italian or foreign tourists at the discovery of the local specialties and culture of the tradition of Emilia-Romagna. Our tours of cuisine, history, culture and engines aim at letting the tourists enjoy the discovery of genuine local traditions and tastes.
Different routes can be selected and combined with each other, so as to create a tour that leads tourists to the discovery of the value and the excellence of the wine and food of our territory, which are renowned and appreciated all over the world. The tours highlight the historical tradition and the unique production methods of the typical wine and food products.
Our tours include 3 different types of routes, where the tourist can discover how culture, history, agriculture and art of Emilia-Romagna meet and blend into each other:
- CUISINE IN THE CASTLES OF MATILDA OF CANOSSA: a plunge into the past surrounded by majestic ancient castles, for those who enjoy the fascinating history of the Great Countess Matilda of Canossa. Read more
- CUISINE AND ENGINES: for those who love the high adrenaline and speed of Ferrari engines. Read more
- CUISINE AND GIUSEPPE VERDI: for those who love music and places of art. Read more
All the packages include visits to the gastronomy of Emilia-Romagna, where tourists will enjoy trying the typical Italian cuisine.
- The Parmigiano Reggiano D.O.P. cheese factory, with a guided tour form the production to the aging.
- The Parma ham D.O.P. factory, with a guided tour to the aging plant.
- The traditional balsamic vinegar of Reggio and Modena D.O.P., with a guided tour to an ancient vinegar factory.
To all our guests, the agritourism agency of Parco di Montebello offers:
- Cooking courses: mini courses about the techniques for preparing the traditional “sfoglia” pasta typical of Emilia-Romagna held by high-level chefs, and tasting of the food cooked.
- Tasting of a series of typical products while learning about their history and gastronomy: tortelli, cappelletti, fried gnocco, typical and mountain erbazzone, Parma ham, Culatello ham, Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and traditional balsamic vinegar.
Combine good food with one of our offers, each of which is customizable depending on your needs. Learn more